Monarque Health & Wellness
Family Medicine and Functional Medicine located in Ashland, OR
Do you have a mole that’s troubling you or a skin lesion that just won’t go away? Skin conditions can worsen, but they’re easily treated, beginning with good preventive care. Rely on the experts in dermatology at Monarque Health & Wellness in Ashland, Oregon, to help you maintain the healthy skin you want and deserve. Call today or use the online booking tool to get peace of mind about the health of your skin.
Dermatology Q & A
What are common skin conditions?
Every day, millions of people deal with the symptoms of short-term or lasting skin conditions. Acne, the most common, affects 50 million people. Other skin conditions include:
- Atopic dermatitis — a chronic condition of red, itchy skin
- Psoriasis — skin builds up to form itchy, dry patches and scales
- Rosacea — redness and acne-like bumps on your face
- Hives — itchy welts caused by allergies or outside factors
- Skin cancer — includes melanoma, the most serious form of skin cancer
- Skin lesions — moles and abnormal bumps, sores, or discolored areas on your skin
- Warts — bumps caused by the human papillomavirus
- Athlete’s foot — a fungal rash that grows in warm, moist conditions
How are skin conditions diagnosed?Your provider at Monarque Health & Wellness performs a physical exam. They ask you to talk about your medical history, health conditions, and family history. They’ll want to know about your allergies and any skin care products, soaps, or detergents you use that might be irritating your skin.
You can expect questions, such as:
- Do you have other symptoms?
- How long have you had the symptoms?
- Do you have allergies?
- Are you taking medications?
- Are you in the sun a lot?
- Do you have moles or lesions that have changed, itch, or bleed?
If you have a number of lesions on your skin, the practitioners at Monarque Health & Wellness may suggest an annual skin check.
What is an annual skin check?
An annual skin check is a preventive exam. During your exam, your provider at Monarque Health & Wellness looks closely at your skin from head to toe, making note of any spots that need closer examination. They’re careful to take note of any suspicious-looking lesions to monitor over time for changes.
Depending on the lesion, they may suggest a biopsy. This involves numbing the area and taking a small sample of the lesion for lab tests. The tests help determine whether your lesion is something to worry about.
If you have questions about the condition of your skin or think you’d benefit from an annual skin check, call today or schedule a consultation online with the skin care experts at Monarque Health & Wellness.